• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dedenbear d44 knuckle compatibility

Simo

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have comments on the dedenbear Ford dana 44 knuckle? Im thinking about getting their passenger side knuckle to run the drag link to a high steer arm. It seems more cost effective than sourcing 2 chevy flattops, machine work, spindles, caliper mounts, etc...
I do have some concerns with only getting one knuckle. In speaking with them on the phone I understood it to be based off the early bronco disc brake knuckle. I dont have an eb knuckle to compare as a direct replacement for my late 70s F150/Bronco counterpart. I have read one post on here about a camber discrepancy, I could get some corrective shims for realignment. More specifically, are the tie rod hole locations the same as a stock knuckle? otherwise Ill just save up a lil longer and get both sides...

I think the money for the Dedenbear knuckles was worth it, at least for me they where. I already had the bearings, calipers, brakes, and spindles for the Ford axle so I wasnt about to ditch it all and get Chevy stuff for high steer. I had the camber issue and it can be solved with shims or a misalignment balljoint sleeve. I didnt reuse the stock tie rod holes but they looked close enough to the factory F-150 knuckles I had on the axle before the Dedenbears went on. If it wont kill you, save up and do all the high steer at once. I ended up waiting and it was well worth the wait.

AARON

Yes I did use the additional hole. I got my arms through Carolina Rock Shop since they are local to me. The arms came from Rockstomper. I couldnt find any arms that where long enough to clear the coils so Scott made a custom set with the additional hole in them. Scott at Rockstomper should still have the plans and can probably make another set longer than standard. Just tell him what you have and explain what you want to do and he will set you up.

AARON

I'm running the Dedenbear knuckles on an EB axle.

I thought that I could get away without high steer and use the stock EB knuckles, But had terrible bumpsteer with the crappy draglink angle I had. And I had already purchased new Ford brakes and spindles, so I didn't want to go to Chevy parts(spend even more money). So the Dedenbear knuckles were the answer. If you used just the passenger side, the stock tie rod arm will line up to the new knuckle arm. BUT, Dedenbear must have made them with a fix for the positive camber I had with my original knuckles. So your camber angles might not match.

I'm currently not using the 4th bolt hole as I already had a set of 3 bolt arms, but as MrShoeBoy already pointed out, standard length arms won't work anyways. So I'm only using the passenger side arm for my draglink. I might be interested in some longer 4 bolt arms in the future.

They work great though. The casting is beefier than the stock Ford knuckle, and the machine work is excellent.

Back