• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Engine...yes i seached for days!!!!!

1985xjlaredo

NAXJA Forum User
Ok a couple of months ago when I was researching my 88, I came across a thread/post that said someone was building 4.0L engines for around 1200.00 bucks and strokers for 1500.00? Anyone have a clue where this thread is or where he is? :doh:
Oh and the search HAS TO BE F**KED UP!

well??

Yes I do have a feeling that the guy was in the NE.
Yea I found that link the other day, but this was a local shop that I remember seeing. The guy did strokers too.

Ok well I have searched soem more and still nothing! Anyone have an Idea as who this guys is that builds these engines?

I had my 90' engine rebuilt by a local automotive machine shop. It just so happens that the man who is thier main engine builder is also a Jeeper and knows the 4.0 well. Mine had to be bored 40 over and the head and deck were milled. Everything is new except the crank and the valves. The crank was of course polished and the valves ground and lapped. They did the final assembly and pressured the motor up. For $1400, and a 12 month 12k warrenty it was worth it, this thing is strong!

Find a reputable local shop and let them rework the motor then if you have a problem you can always take it to them and let them diagnose and repair.

Trhank for the links Dizzy but those wernt it. the First guy doesnt even have a 4.0 on his price list. unless that 4.7 is a stroked 4.0.

Back