• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting there

87manche

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have the actual street address, or some better directions than those on Flatnasty's website?

I'm trying to find it in google maps, for directions and some overhead views.

Straight from their "Contact Us" link:

HCI Box 725 Jadwin, MO , 65501

HTH

Hale

87manche said:
yeah, but I think that's a PO box and not the street address.

I know MO uses letters for road names. Did you try it? I dunno.:dunno:

Hale

Ummm...

Did you see the size of Jadwin?

From Rolla, Take route 72 south to Salem. Take route 19 south to K . Go west on K to ZZ . Turn Right (North). Flat Nasty is approximatly 1 mile on the right.

I am sure you will find it.

Rev

Rev Den said:
Ummm...

Did you see the size of Jadwin?

From Rolla, Take route 72 south to Salem. Take route 19 south to K . Go west on K to ZZ . Turn Right (North). Flat Nasty is approximatly 1 mile on the right.

I am sure you will find it.

Rev
yes, I saw that it was about 4 roads, I'm sure I'll find it. I just wanted to see if google earth was rocking any aerial views.

that is right next to jadwin so that's probably it. Doesn't look like the USGS has updated that in a while, so it doesn't show anything but woods.
Thanks Rev :)

87manche said:
that is right next to jadwin so that's probably it. Doesn't look like the USGS has updated that in a while, so it doesn't show anything but woods.
Thanks Rev :)

Notice the gravel roads?

I think that be the access roads. Maybe one of the guys who has been there can verify that.

Rev

correct

i just compared the posted gps coordinates in google earth ,to the trail map posted on the flat nasty site.
there are several points that match , look for the roads that go from the office north-west through " top knot " and over to " sway back" . i would agree these are correct .

nice job rev den , :cheers:

For those without GPS:

You pretty much take the main road through Salem, go about 7-8 miles (maybe its as much as 12), then you'll see a gas station on your right. Turn right there. Then maybe 1 mile down the road you'll see the sign. Its that simple.
HTH :)

boredchimp said:
For those without GPS:

You pretty much take the main road through Salem, go about 7-8 miles (maybe its as much as 12), then you'll see a gas station on your right. Turn right there. Then maybe 1 mile down the road you'll see the sign. Its that simple.
HTH :)

If I remember correctly, you actually go south out of Salem on highway 19 about 5 miles, turn right on highway "K" and go west approxomately 12 miles. Then turn right again on road "ZZ", then go about a mile or so to the sign.

This is my recollection ... and I have it plotted on MS Streets & Trips.

Les

No, no, no,...you've all got it wrong.
South out of Salem till you hit the old blacktop, follow it until you can see the where the old barn used to be. Turn left there, and head east for 3 miles, turn at the T road and you should pass three rusty mail boxes. Then right at where Aunt Mable's house bunt down back in 1922(you shoudl be able to see the old porch steps from the road), you will then have to go across a small bridge.(If the creek is out, let me know and I'll send you around from the back side.) There should be a "Narrow Bridge" sign with 10 .22cal bullet holes in it. It's just on the other side of the hill after you cross the bridge. If you get turned around, stop and ask ol' man Pearson. He'll be on his porch relaxing with a cup of coffee. His house is right before the T road. Honk 3 times before you pull in the drive so he knows you're friendly, or he might shoot.

HTH

Hale

Haleyes said:
South out of Salem till you hit the old blacktop, follow it until you can see the where the old barn used to be. Turn left there, and head east for 3 miles, turn at the T road and you should pass three rusty mail boxes. Then right at where Aunt Mable's house bunt down back in 1922(you shoudl be able to see the old porch steps from the road), you will then have to go across a small bridge.(If the creek is out, let me know and I'll send you around from the back side.) There should be a "Narrow Bridge" sign with 10 .22cal bullet holes in it. It's just on the other side of the hill after you cross the bridge. If you get turned around, stop and ask ol' man Pearson. He'll be on his porch relaxing with a cup of coffee. His house is right before the T road. Honk 3 times before you pull in the drive so he knows you're friendly, or he might shoot.

HTH

Hale

:laugh: ... you Goatfawker ... :D

Les

Haleyes said:

HTH

Hale

Sounds like directions to Sean's house :D

LBEXJ said:
If I remember correctly, you actually go south out of Salem on highway 19 about 5 miles, turn right on highway "K" and go west approxomately 12 miles. Then turn right again on road "ZZ", then go about a mile or so to the sign.

This is my recollection ... and I have it plotted on MS Streets & Trips.

Les

Sounds easy enough for me. Thanks Les.

Kim

Les' dirxns are spot on. Pretty good memory for an old fawker.

Back