• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

horrid noise when clutch pedal is in PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

xjmudslut

NAXJA Forum User
my 87 xj with 2000 ax15 trans make a god awfull noise wen clutc is disengadged. i tink it might be a broken pressure plate. started out as ia high pitch screachin/grinding now more like a rumble. i'm new to xj's so i thought i would start here. it was fine and i drove it around all day yesterday then i went to start it and the noise was there. the starter also sounds funny when starting wit the clutch in or out. please help

You got something seriously wrong. Bad pilot bearing, pressure plate, loose bolts? Need to pull the trans and inspect ASAP.

Most likely a bad throw out bearing. Not the end of the world, but a bit of work.

ok, i pull it all apart and every bolt troughout my whole jeep was loose, i'm so glad it started making the noise before something else went way wrong. i bought the thing already built from a guy who knows his shit so i thought i hads no worries. the t-case bolts were finger tight there was only three tranny bolts and they ere backed half way out, the shifter plate bolts were loose and missing, the crossmember bolts were stripped so i fabbed some new mounts with some angle iron. i guess i should of went over everything before i even drove this thing home.. lol. anyways this thing is bad ass it has onboard air, gps, 6" lift five new 33" wrangler mtr's bad ass bumpers with rear spare tire holder, the rock rails are the air tanks, racing motor mounts, rusty's skid plates, diff gaurds, d-44, lockers, heavy duty control arm mounts and skids, borla header and custom exhaust with flowmaster, comp cam, all she needs is a set of long arms.

here's a few pics
file.jpg

file2.jpg

myheep.jpg

i cut some of the front bumper of to redesign it a bit the skid plate was too big looked like a big shovel

Back