• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OC M&G discussion

Locations?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Couple people raised the topic of moving M&G around. So lets see what y'all think. Choices are:
1. Keep it @ Grants and get great food, BBQ right by the Jeeps, raffle, free or near free food, great parking and a slide/video show each time on the outside wall.
2. Float it all over OC. If you choose that, please suggest locations and explain why you think it's a good location.
3. Move it to a different location @ OC and keep it there. Same thing, please suggest location and explain why you think it's a good location.

Oh yeah, votes are public so that we can tally up the OC folks vs the non OC folks as well ;) (not to even mention those that never show up no matter where it's at :D )
Oh yeah, assume floating days of the week for all three choices

Please note that this is specifically about M&G at OC. Other counties should be discussed in other threads

Last edited:
I may be old, but your still a tard ;)

Disneyland

Last edited:
I was just reading your thoughts in the other thread. And you are right. The Olde Ship is too small and crowded with no parking. And Hooters was a big bust (pun intended). :)

The two M&Gs at Grant's have surely been the biggest we've ever had. Weren't there 15 rigs (or more) there last month? And there's plenty of parking.

does it have to be in the OC?

XJ_ranger said:
does it have to be in the OC?
There are M&G's at other parts of SoCal. This is mainly discussion about the M&G that occurs at OC. If you want to discuss M&G at the valley, Ventura, SD, Inland Empire, please do so in a separate thread.

Kejtar said:
There are M&G's at other parts of SoCal. This is mainly discussion about the M&G that occurs at OC. If you want to discuss M&G at the valley, Ventura, SD, Inland Empire, please do so in a separate thread.

How about Borrego Springs?

gcurtis said:
I'm opting out on this one, you all decide. ;)

Grant,

I think you're whole gig is great and awesome. I am concerned that 'no good deed goes unpunished' and over time, you will be the 'victim' one way or another. I think a little 'here', a little 'there' and a little at 'Grant's' would be best for your sanity. I'd prefer not too abuse my friends (too much ;) ) or our good members (unless it is Remi).

-Avery

cracker said:
Grant,

I think you're whole gig is great and awesome. I am concerned that 'no good deed goes unpunished' and over time, you will be the 'victim' one way or another. I think a little 'here', a little 'there' and a little at 'Grant's' would be best for your sanity. I'd prefer not too abuse my friends (too much ;) ) or our good members (unless it is Remi).

-Avery

Avery, I've never been a victim. Ever.

Avery, normally you and I go head to head because we know the same people, same humor and know it is in good fun... and I love you for it brah.. can I have your Bud Light?

However, realize that I'm offering up something and if it comes to "a no" then it is "a no". I'm not a half arsed person, when I set my mind, it stays there. I'm down with the M&G's there as long as we can get the biggest possible turn out, with the most possible money for the club. Black letters should sign up when they arrive. Make 'em pay! Avery, you know more than any, I've done this on a national level for years and it is easy now...My tollerance is high. Let's make it happen for all of our access and use the money to open Surprise Canyon or help Jawbone... or to the Mojave Road... or to Rick's group managing Truckhaven. Get my drift?

Those that abuse it, well, they deal with me directly... and when I get angry... In the words of the Incredible Hulk, "You wouldn't like me when I get angry."

Slip and falls in my shop deal with my law firm that saved Tommy Lee from that wrongful death case...

Get the picture?

gc

Thanks for the poll Remi.

I like Grant's place a ton, but I am in a similar thought with Avery. Though Grant is a great guy and I can't think of anyone screwing him over, but it could happen.

I understand the parking issue at other locations.

I think rotating the day the M&G occurs is a great idea and should happen regardless of the location.

I sure hope that noone in our group would try to take advantage of Grant in any shape way form or manner.

Anyways, when Grant offered his place for M&G's one of the points were raised was that they are till further notice and the moment they start to be cumbersome, or interfere with anything they will have to move. So if that is a concern to anyone don't worry, we're keeping an eye out on it.

As a few others have pointed out location isn't too much of an issue, it's the day of the week.

It would be nice to see the day of the week floated around a bit.

karstic said:
As a few others have pointed out location isn't too much of an issue, it's the day of the week.
Actually there have been grumblings about location as well.

It would be nice to see the day of the week floated around a bit.

kejtar said:
Oh yeah, assume floating days of the week for all three choices

As I said, that was being discussed and looked at.

Just BEWARE of flying black weenies and all is goo. I don't think it's covered by insurance!

<DUCK>

I'm up for Grant's as permanent solution until he is fed up with the group. :)

We can go for a floating location or another permanent when he kicks us out.

djblade311 said:
I'm up for Grant's as permanent solution until he is fed up with the group. :)

We can go for a floating location or another permanent when he kicks us out.

OR...

If someone wants to arrange one someplace else, they can set it up. If not, we can default to mine.

That may be the best of both worlds.

Back