• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trans line leak

The stock trans cooler connectors are prone to leaks. It is also hard to find replacements for the clip/o-ring connector. I struggled with this for a year or so until I just got fed up and cut the line, reverse flared the end of the metal hose and jammed the hose on there with a double clamp. This has worked for me for 2 years without a single drip.

The stock connecters will leak and when they all out fail (as mine did before I fixed it), it spewed TF all over the place and left me 20 miles from anywhere (no phone, no nothin')with no tranny fluid.

The pic is kind of blurry but you get the idea

2426393_6_full.jpg

I also have this problem on our 95'. Interested to see what solution you came up with. How much pressure is running through that hose? Can you get replacement hoses or is the rubber line with clamps sufficient?

Did pretty much what ParadiseXJ posted but since mine was leaking from both ends at the flared connections I cut out the entire section and slid some some fuel line hose about 2" over the metal tubing with double clamps on each end. Before I slid the hose on I lightly sanded the ends of the hard lines for a better seal too. works great.

Or you could do what I am about to do to my '96, and have done on my '92 and '95- go to the dealer and get new ones. I believe that they are dealer- only items, as I've been searching various sites, and have not found them. If anyone knows of any other source, I'd appreciate hearing about it. I really don't look foreward to going to the dealer because most of the people that work there are idiots, and they give you dirty looks when you walk through the plushly carpeted Cadillac showroom to get to the parts counter while wearing muddy work clothes.

going to the dealer is never as much fun as making your own parts if you can fix it reliably and economically. not rocket science this one.

one of the local parts stores had some kits for hooking up aftermarket coolers that eliminated the press on fitting at the radiator.you then use rubber tranny line and a new compression fitting on the old steel line, cutting out the factory rubber and horrible crimp fitting.

Back