• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sticky brakes

lost on a trail

NAXJA Forum User
i havea 92 xj,with abs.both front brakes are getting very hot.normally i would blame a caliper or flexible line,but since both are doing it i dont know what to blame.is it a master cylinder or possibly the abs pump?it doesnt pull to one side or the other but you can notice definte brake drag when you let it coast.it also starts to vibrate a little when you put it in 4 wheel.can somebody please tell me what to look for

I have a problem like this one, although my passanger side got so hot it started smoking... (you could fry a egg on it.) my Drivers side does get hot but not as extreme as the right side. I think my calipers are sticking. they are cheap 20 bucks from Napa for remanufactured ones. I am starting with them to see if thats the problem I am doing the work this weekend, I will tell you how it turns out. when driveing intermittenly my jeep will pull to the right. (right calp sticking) when I break my jeep will pull to the left.... (means my right calp is not gripping as hard as my left one.) so seems to me my right caliper is not moving right... cheep fix. 20 bucks per side. just to see if its my calipers. I will bleed my breaks when I make the swap. to make sure I dont have air in the lines and the fluid moves freely my flex lines "look" fine they are plastic coated breaded stainless steal. 3 months old. the calipers look stock.

Steve
99xj

Last edited:
Back