• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiper arm problem

delverde

NAXJA Forum User
88 xj 4x4 aw4 auto
Wiper on passenger side goes down to far is there bushings to replace or do
have to replace the wiper arm linkage with the motor and jumper wire ?
Any help would be great thanks!

There are plastic bushings, which press out. I believe that you can get a package in the "help" section at many auto parts stores, which contains some of these, though I have heard you may have to modify them a bit to fit. I had some limited success on one old XJ by turning the bushings 180 degrees, but obviously this isn't the best solution.

Try looking over in the "help" section for part #49447. This is the bushing kit for the Chrysler/ Jeep/ GM Truck wiper linkage. I get to do my one of my spare wiper set-ups, since the motor is good, but the arms are floppy. I can think of better things to do today, but that would mean going outside in the cold-not happening today.

Take a screwdriver and pry out the little tab on the base of the arm. Pull the arm off and reset it to the lowest you want it to go. Press it back on and push in the tab.

If your description is complete and accurate, you just need to take off the wiper arm and reposition it. If you haven't accurately described the problem, then you probably need to replace the bushing like the other folks mentioned.

ParadiseXJ said:
Take a screwdriver and pry out the little tab on the base of the arm. Pull the arm off and reset it to the lowest you want it to go. Press it back on and push in the tab.
no need to pry it off if you flip the wiper forward, just push or pull the tab at the bottom and it will pop off.

Back