• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

installing factory cruise - need help with wire

4Doors

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know where to plug the wire that comes down the steering column from the multifunction switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

on my 88 its the connector with the wires colored green, yellow, brown and pink with a black stripe.the green and yellow wire's can be traced from the main harness that plugs into the back of the yellow box under the dash.the other wires go somewhere else. hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply, but I still couldn't find it last night. Is it right on the column itself? I found a green and yellow wire coming out from a cover that is on the column and thought that might be it. I couldn't figure out how to take the cover off the column and it was after midnight so I called it a night. Yesterday I searched and found another thread where falcon556 said

" I used to have an '87 and had to work with the plug you are talking about. Follow the steering column towards the base, near the bottom look over it. You are looking for something very small and flat, it doesn't even look like a plug. You'll know when you find it because it has 4 contactors that match the male."

Sound familiar?

It's only hard to find if it's cold. Easy if your comfortable. Have'nt done it on my 88 MJ yet but I will. My 92 XJ was much easier, just one wire and no yellow box like on renix. I think you need the box it plugs into, I havent checked my 88 parts car yet.

I did a ton of searching yesterday and was getting worried because I didn't have the yellow box, but then learned that I didn't need it. I haven't been able to check but I read one guy's post where he said to follow the harness coming from the firewall just above the gas pedal. A few inches from the firewall is a small connecter with a white clip. I'm about to head out to look for it.

Back