• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 inch lift, what else will i need?

MountainRhino

NAXJA Forum User
:geek: if i do a 4 inch lift with front coils and shackles/aal, what other problems am i going to run into. where is the best place to get an sye? is that for a front or rear shaft. Pitman arm? transf drop?

At 4" youre most likely going to need AT VERY MINIMUM LCA's... but really SHOULD have new UCA's...
Brake lines...

You can tcase drop, or sye.. possible to be fine with a 1" drop.. mine always were around that height...

Rear shaft... SYE means SLIP YOKE ELIMINATOR... a SLIP YOKE means the YOKE slips in and out.. notice the front shaft is bolted to the yoke, solid, and the rear slips in and out?

Track bar.

Make sure you have a fresh steering stabilizer.

Bump stops.

Dont get over a 1" shackle.

And that AAL is going to ride like ass.

Now those were the facts.

Now for my opinion.

If youre going to do it, get some f150 or the like coils, and search "bastard pack" for the rear, get 3-3.5" inches, then just extend brake lines, and you can not worry about control arms for now.

Seems like youre trying to go the cheap route, as my current xj is.

Good luck, and Good jeepin!

Price Range and what do u plan on doing. just a dd or somethin u can beat on?

I would get.
Trac Bar (Front)
Full leafs ( better in the long run)
Upper and lower control arms
T-case and/or Shims or a slip yoke ( Price range)
Brakelines

check the sponsors sites they are pretty good.

Rubicon Express and Rustys are good. I know people who werent to happy with rustys but their stuff is pretty good.

yup depends on tire size you want to run, and level of use. for a dd you dont need shit but a $350 rough country lift and some 31 inch mall terrains.

well i heard f250 springs will get 4 inches. and i thought if i do a combination of sorts for the rear i could get the same4 inches in the rear. 4 inches is as far as i want to go, and i dont mind a stiff riding vehicle. it is going to be a daily driver. but i do want to be able to hang on the trails. tell me a good place to go if i need lower control arms i will get them, but i am trying to do it cheaper than an entire kit. I can afford one peice at a time but i cant afford a whole kit. and 2 inches just isnt enough. and is going with leafs all around a bad idea??

I would love Rubicon expreess 5.5 kit but its more money than i plan on spending on a kit. and where is a good place to go for an sye and a track bar? im very new to the jeep thing

If youre advanced enough to consider doing leafs on your own, with or without the help of naxja, then you wouldnt be asking these questions, lol!

Personally, I wouldnt tackle leafy fronts on my own, youll always be working out quirks.

Basically, above 3-3.5" youll need newer control arms.

You'd be amazed what a 3.5" lifted jeep with trimmed fenders, 31's, and a locker will do, and how good they'll still handle on the road.

Back