• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle brackets

yoiur are going have to be more specific

are youi talking about the whole assembly ie kit

If you are I would go with RE and buy em from someone like PORC..

At least a beginners welding class and a few months experience.
My first welds looked like swiss cheese when I reinforced my frame rails. Now 1 1/2 years later I'm taking on shock brackets, traction bar brackets, skid plates, motor mounts... Learn your welder, practice glueing pieces together of various thicknesses, check penatration by amperage. Last thing you want is a control arm bracket seperating expecially if it's a DD. Or if you're uncomfortable about the quality of the welds, get a local club member or welding buddy over to do it or at least check it.

My $.02

I went with some brackets from Ballistic Fabrications for the coil buckets on my Waggy 44. http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/ I made the track bar mount, truss and the shock mounts.
P1010009-1.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010017.jpg

Here are the shock mounts.
P1010001.jpg

P1010003-1.jpg

Here's the truss, it's not completed yet, I still need to tie it into the diff cover.
P1010051.jpg

P1010034.jpg

Track bar is mounted temporarily here until I got the parts to build a new one.
P1010026-1.jpg

-Matt

well i am pretty positive waggy's arent HP. I dont believe jeep made High Pinion D44s.

Oh and I would like to get a kit that has all the control arm and shock brackets in the same places as stock.

From Bob at TnT (at least it think his name is bob)

another e-mail from tnt

"The Dana 44 front truss you are looking at will only work on a HP Dana 44 housing (ford) due to the locations of the cut-outs in the front and the rear. I am currently working on 4 different versions of the Dana 44 front truss and will have more available within a week or so. Here's what I'll have:
Waggy D44 - LP drivers side drop
Waggy D44 - LP passengers side drop
Chevy Full Width D44 - LP Passengers side drop
A coil over conversion version for all front trusses. "

he said expect a low pinion waggy truss by mid january, so if this is correct just hold tight for a lil' bit.

personally I bought the ballistic fabrication brackets. I would have gone with tnt's kit, but it's too late now.

Perhaps on my next buildup.

XJ_Jeeper01 said:
I went with some brackets from Ballistic Fabrications for the coil buckets on my Waggy 44. http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/ I made the track bar mount, truss and the shock mounts.
P1010009-1.jpg

-Matt

how are you planning on keeping the coil springs from falling out?

those brackets are deigned for a flat bottom spring unlike our xj coils.

gonna build up a cup in the middle?

ktm racer 419 said:
From Bob at TnT (at least it think his name is bob)

another e-mail from tnt

QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I wont be able to do a front swap for some time now, or at least that is what the wife is telling me.

the best axle come out of a mid 70's Ford F100,F150,F250 or a bronco.

They will be about 5-8"'s wider and you can cut them down to waggy lenght or just run full width.

The 78-79 ford axles are HP but they have they cast mounts for the radius arms and are not compatible with the TnT kit but they are still a nice axle.

I have 79 Bronco front HP44/rear 9" axle that I am going to use. I will be running these axles full width. There is alot of info on NAXJA (do a search for "HP44" and "radius arms") about these axle and the different swaps people have done. I haven't done the swap yet, but I will be running radius arms and a panhard bar. I will have to use the radius arms becuase I'm skeptical about welding to the cast "C" that the late 70's ford axle have.

Another site that has GREAT info is:
http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/web_rs44.html

This website has all the information that you could want about these axles.

The only HP44 are going to come outta fords. again the 70's models.

ktm racer 419 said:
how are you planning on keeping the coil springs from falling out?

those brackets are deigned for a flat bottom spring unlike our xj coils.

gonna build up a cup in the middle?

I was wondering the same thing.

Also this may be a stupid question, but I dont see any control arms on his setup either. How is the axle held in the proper position?

Back