• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I-5 between Tacoma and PDX...snow issues?

LOL you were right that was awesome. Yeah i just woke up but my friend tells me the highways are requiring snow tires or chains or they'll ticket. You should come down though I bet you could make it.

IXNAYXJ said:
Okay, maybe I won't be going to Portland afterall. I just watched a video on King 5 that's fawking hilarious and kinda scary.

http://www.king5.com/video/

Click on the "Amazing home video of icy collisions in Portland" video. Trust me, you won't regret it!!!

-----Matt-----

Holy hockey rink, batman! Thats nuts. I think the first guy got the high score :D

PDX always seems to get the super scary ice storms ('96 was f'n scary).

-i

People down here don't know how to drive in snow. All they do is give it a little skinny pedal...

That's crazy. It could happen to anyone, and I hope nobody got hurt, but for some reason, I find it hard not to laugh . Maybe its the camera angle or something. I'm sure it was scary as hell on the ground.

Slacker87XJ said:
And both lightpoles, a tree, a wall and all the parked cars. Didn't The Who wrote a song about this once?
No, Buck Cherry, "Crazy Bitch" :laugh:

I came down to PDX last night. I heard there was a chance that we might get some snow, but wasn't expecting much.

I woke up to snow blowing sideways (East of the airport) and by the time I got to my first meeting there was 3" of snow and the roads were very slick. Not an issue if you have a capable car and know how to drive on it. But I can't tell you how many people I saw in the ditches, going sideways, not able to stop, etc etc. I can't remember the last time I saw so many people chained up! I even saw a full size dodge 4x4 with all 4 tires chained up!!!!

I left the airport area at noon and drove down to Eugene and the roads got much better, but the freeways up in PDX were pretty slick and many cars and semi's had chains on.

I think you made a good decision Matt:roflmao: :roflmao:

Michael.

very nice!

That video was awsome. If that thing came to me for an estimate, i bet it would be about 3 to 4k. What a retard.

:yelclap: :yelclap:

Blkxjkrawler said:
That video is wild!!! I'm getting sad because all of ours is going away today, no more oversteer for me:rattle:

i love the look on people's faces:scared: when i am sideways on a corner:rolleyes:

Back