• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Next run for a new member in a stock xj

ian rogers

NAXJA Forum User
When i the next run that i could go out in, with my stock 91' 4.0 auto XJ. I have 30x9.5 on it and am going to be removing the rear sway bar. I have some experance, but i dont have sliders or any armor, no lockers.

best

Ian Rogers

Welcome!

You just missed a run at Truckhaven.

There is a run this Saturday in Big Bear-Gold Mountain (http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.phpp=243364678#post243364678), BUT you must have tow points front and rear. Sliders and other armor are usually not required, but HIGHLY recommended.

There is the Calico event is on the 27th (http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=900034)

I would recommend some rock rails and a gas tank skid as a minimum to protect your Jeep.

Lockers can be done much later.

Good Luck!

ian rogers said:
When i the next run that i could go out in, with my stock 91' 4.0 auto XJ. I have 30x9.5 on it and am going to be removing the rear sway bar. I have some experance, but i dont have sliders or any armor, no lockers.

best

Ian Rogers

There is a run in big bear this saturday. I think the meeting point is the discovery center at around 8:30.

desracing said:
There is a run in big bear this saturday. I think the meeting point is the discovery center at around 8:30.

Thats probably beyond the capabilities of a stocker.

I would suggest going out to Calico on the 27th. Theres lots that can be done out there w/o armor.

how far is calico from san diego?? someone throw some directions at me!

I have a 2000 xj im hearing a grinding noise on my right front axel i checked the brakes and ther'e good im thinking maybe the bearings.Does any body have any ideas on what my problem is.

thanks prater, now tell me (and this may be a stupid question), is it worth the 3 hour drive?

mmmMUD96xj said:
thanks prater, now tell me (and this may be a stupid question), is it worth the 3 hour drive?

Now why is that a stupid question? I will be driving about 2 hours to get there myself. I have ran Calico one time and it is a blast!! So I guess it really depends on your love of wheeling. I think there are several folks coming from SD, maybe you could caravan up with them??

Now you could drive part of the way Friday night and stay in a hotel somewhere along the way, but be careful of where you stay. Look that the Calico thread for more info. You can even stay in Calico, if they have room. THere are several folks going up Friday and staying both nights. I will probably make it a one day, turn-around trip. Makes for a long day, but saves on the $$ for hotel.

I hope this helps...

yea hotel $$... hmmm... and sleeping in the Jeep sounds more and more appealing!

mmmMUD96xj said:
no rock sliders yet - am i gonna be ok?

That's a tough call. You can run trails without them, but of course there is always the chance of banging them up.

Again, this is one of those personal decisions. You can run Calico in a stock vehicle. You may need a tug and definitely a spot or two.

Maybe some of the other guys will chime in. You may want to post this question on the Calico thread.

Back