• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So

TheWarWagon

NAXJA Forum User
I dropped my jeep off at a buddys shop yesterday. No major plans, just the basic check up. Well, as Avery and I realized on saturday, the #6 cylinder was missing. On the drive home I replaced the plug and thought all was well. Turns out I have no compression on the #6. Here's my question; does anyone know of a shop where I can get the headwork done(head is possibly warped, but gasket is trash), at a reasonable price. My buddy said he'd do the work for $700, but I wanted to see if we had any connections.

TIA,

Bryce

Do it yourself. You can swap the head from same day cylinder head for probably 200-250, buy a top end gasket kit, and it takes about a day to swap out.

cal said:
Do it yourself. You can swap the head from same day cylinder head for probably 200-250, buy a top end gasket kit, and it takes about a day to swap out.

Hmmmm....I'm thinking swap party in a few weeks. Anybody else interested?

You don't want more than 2-3 total sets of hands involved, or things start to go south - there isn't room for more than 2 people to work at once.

I'd offer, but my dancecard is pretty full. I did a head swap for a guy from here (liquidops) a few months ago, it took about 1.5 days, but his had been sitting with water in the cylinders for 6 months and we spent a long time getting rust out ;)

Well, as of now- I'm still in a bit of a monetary crunch. The new jeep is getting all my money right now. Speaking of that, anybody need their dirtbike suspension done? :cheers:

Back