• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CORVA Truckhaven Challenge

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone going? If anyone from around wants to go and wants to meet up to caravan out there PM me this week and I'll give you my number so we can arrange something. So far there's 4 Cherokees, and possibly a Blazer and Jimmy. We're leaving Yucca Valley at 7am from the Circle K on Rt247 (aka Old Woman Springs).

4xSanta said:
I will be there friday afternoon,I will have my canadian flag over a checkered flag flying on my flagpole attached to my trailer,stop by for a visit.

Ken what was the mood like down there with the run canceled?

It was very disapointing that at the eleventh hour the permit was denied but CORVA certinly did everthing they could to stop this including sending our atternory to Sacramento on friday to fight this but no cigar. But we still ran unoffically of course and had a great time. The guys from TDS were there saturday afternoon trying to decide what to do for the March TDS run and CORVA recommends if nothing changes to move there run to Ocitillo.Rangers have posted new signs saying no bikes or jeeps along the trails that go north from the microwave tower to the east+/-. Just about everyone there donated there entry money and more to the cause,so let's keep our fingers crossed on this one.

4xSanta said:
It was very disapointing that at the eleventh hour the permit was denied but CORVA certinly did everthing they could to stop this including sending our atternory to Sacramento on friday to fight this but no cigar. But we still ran unoffically of course and had a great time. The guys from TDS were there saturday afternoon trying to decide what to do for the March TDS run and CORVA recommends if nothing changes to move there run to Ocitillo.Rangers have posted new signs saying no bikes or jeeps along the trails that go north from the microwave tower to the east+/-. Just about everyone there donated there entry money and more to the cause,so let's keep our fingers crossed on this one.

Well I wish I had the chance to just arrange a meeting between a good friend/boss to my wife, and the president or lead counsel for corva. I am just a dumb redneck, but the wife is a administrator to Callahan & Blaine and Mr Callahan is No joke! Nationally renown and awarded, with attorney of the yr in 05 and currently in a suit (one of many with big brother over the years and never loosing) against (and winning) the US Gov. with Kenneth Star as opposing and even having moves about him and this case, Fallajah killings of US personel. Just a little background.

But I was just telling him how pissed I am and TDS may not happen in the capacity in which it should, and he asked why. So I kinda explained to him the deal and he mentioned he would be interested in knowing more. I wonder if Corva or Blue ribbon or ?? would be open to new representation.

This is a Huge slap / hit in MY face! I look forward to TDS (as the last what 40yrs of others have) every year. Its one event where you know theres Lots of open land to eplore, lots of prises, lots of good people, and lots of fun in general.

I hope this is resolved and not reduced any further then has with the sellinng of land to home owners in the area of TDS.

I still had a great time out there and discovered that I need some better bumpstopping and cut fenders... Had a lot of fun with our little group, paid my $30 to sign up for CORVA, woulda paid the full $60 but I neglected to stop at an ATM.

Back