• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ever install a heater core?

I have, and it wasn't too enjoyable, but definately not the hardest thing I have done on the Jeep. Took about 3 maybe 4 hours total.

no foolin'? i get conflicting reports everywhere from $400- $1200 to have it done, we looked it over a little, heard you have to remove steering column & pull dash out. you experience the same?

andy a said:
no foolin'? i get conflicting reports everywhere from $400- $1200 to have it done, we looked it over a little, heard you have to remove steering column & pull dash out. you experience the same?
On my 90 it took me 5 hours with warm up breaks. I also flushed my evaporator out at the same time, the fins were all gunked up with crap. You don't have to rip the whole dash out like some people say you do. You just have to take the heater box out which in turn means you have to rotate the dash upwards but not all the way out. It sucks but like the other guy said, not the hardest thing I've ever done.

Your gonna have too pull the dash out or angle it but the steering column I'am not sure on. Besides removeing the dash Isen't really anything too worry about it just all takes time.

I did mine in my 96, some of the dash had to come off but it wasn't more than a few screws and pulling a panel. The job itself is not difficult, it just takes time so allow yourself plenty of that. I had a couple quotes to replace mine and there is NO WAY im going to pay someone that much to replace it for me. Have a buddy over and make a half a day out of it shooting the $hit and it will be a breeze. Allow a full day and you won't be rushed. Mine was 4 or 5 hours from start to finish.

Back