• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Dropbracket braces with AX-15

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Just a quick question. do you guys think ill have any problems running the drop brackets and braces with AX-15 crossmember location? i know its moved forward more than the AW4 crossmember so will I need to re drill the braces or will they bolt up?

thanks

I had a heck of a time mounting the braces on w/ my ax5. Had to redrill every hole. Wasn't all that hard, just added about an hour to the install though.

yellowta said:
I had a heck of a time mounting the braces on w/ my ax5. Had to redrill every hole. Wasn't all that hard, just added about an hour to the install though.

i was thinking if i had to redrill it would only be the two crosmember holes? what other holes did you have to redrill?

On my 98 there is no difference between the AW4/AX15 crossmember mounting locations. I've had various crossmembers and the RE braces, and they've all fit without mods.

Ronbo said:
On my 98 there is no difference between the AW4/AX15 crossmember mounting locations. I've had various crossmembers and the RE braces, and they've all fit without mods.

that would be sweet! mine is a 99 so hopefully there won't be a problem.

Back