• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what size winch?

6000lbs is barely adequate, 8000 is fine, 9000 is a little better.

smokeeaterXJ said:
Im lookin into buyin a milemarker pe8000 I believe, any opinions? :patriot:

I was looking into getting a MM 8k winch. But have read some pro's/con's on them, and turned me off. Looking at a Warn M8000 or a XD9000i now, even a used one can be rebuilt for a decient price.

The Warn M8000 in the $500.00 to $550.00 range is a hard deal to beat. My .02

I prefer to use a synthetic winch rope. The Superwinch EP9 with it's end mounted cone brake doesn't overheat the drum and melt the first wrap of rope.

If you're going with a MM electric, save yourself some money and get the equivalent-rated one from Harbor Freight. Theirs are the exact same ones as MM (they use the same Chinese winch manufacturer).

Timber said:
If you're going with a MM electric, save yourself some money and get the equivalent-rated one from Harbor Freight. Theirs are the exact same ones as MM (they use the same Chinese winch manufacturer).

Friend just got one. Looks similar. Anyone had any real world experience? His ain't mounted yet.

My buddy has the one from harbor freight nad it worked absolutely fine out on the trail. It doesnt come with a roller fairlead and the one on it isnt very smooth though

i have a milemarker e9000, 9000 seems to be more then enough, but im not overly thrilled with milemarker. If you could i would say go with warn. Although, i got my e9000 with a 100 rebate 3 years ago for 400 shipped.

my ramsey 8000 gets it done nicely, but if you do go for MM, just go to cosco and get there version(that they just stared carrying), its the same design i think, but with a rediculously awesome take it back anytime for anyreason warranty, my friend just bought one, but then again, a warranty isn't worth much when yourstuck in between a rock and a hard place with a winch that failed, if it were me, i'd just go for an m8000, or find a used ramsey with a huge deer bashing front bumper for just $350 on craigslist :b

Back