• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ ZJ control arms?

hockey10588

NAXJA Forum User
I've read somewhere that you can use either WJ or ZJ front or rear lower control arms on your XJ with a lift. I'm at about 4" and I can tell I need longer front lower control arms but I'm not about to shell out $150 for a new set. anybody know any information on this?? when I was at the junk yard a couple weeks ago I found some grand cherokee control arms (can't remember what model or front or rear) and they were a wee but longer than stock XJ control arms, I'd say about an inch or so. would something like this bolt right up and give me longer arms?

WJ lower control arms are used because of the inward bend allowing XJ owners to use wider tires with the possibility of not having to adjust the steering stops. They aren't any longer than the factory XJ arms. As a side benefit to the bend, they are also a bit stronger than stock XJ ones.

wj arms are the same eye to eye as xj arms but they use a bigger rubber bushing that is wider on the axle side so it does not fit in xj axle bracket without bending it open xj is 2and5/8" wj is 3" zj rears will work and they are longer dont remember how much but for sure longer

I don't mean to open up too old of a thread, but I was searching on this info and have some measurements to add. I measured rear lower control arms from a zj at about 16 5/8" which is about right for a 5" lift if I remember right. Haven't used them before though and don't know about the bushing width as stated above. The length could help out a lot of people on a budget though if they work out. I don't know of any uppers that are longer though.

why not cut your existing lca's and weld in a piece of sqare tube in place inside? I am running 4-5" of lift and had a buddy tig weld a full length of steel in there at the right length, approx 16 5/8" eye to eye. Of course the naysayers on here said if you can't afford to do it right dont do it. Those are the same guys that say u cant use ford springs and all the other stuff. Take my advice and do whatever u want, thats how u learn.

Anyone use ZJ rear control arms on the front of their XJ's? I can't find any topics in search on this subject. Wanted to know pro's and con's. Sorry about hi-jacking your post.

Back