• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cost of Shipping....

XJsurf

NAXJA Forum User
for a set of TJ fender flares coming from ontario, canada?? I bought a set for 43.00 today off of Ebay. He comes back with 65.00 for shipping to San Diego. I find this pretty outrageous. I can't see how something that weighs less than 10lbs cost that much. Hell I've shipped items to New Jersey weighing over 40lbs for half of that price. That is on the other coast from me. Any experience here with shipping from canada.

That sounds high. I do not buy anything on Ebay anymore unless I know what the shipping is ahead of time. Some sellers mark up the shipping because they do not have to pay commission on the shipping.

Sell it for a dollar and charge way to much for the shipping.......

I know that if it's coming via UPS, they have oversize charges and fender flares are rather large. I also know that shipping to and from Canada is definitely higher because of customs and the paperwork needed. I used to run a shipping department and UPS gave discounts on weight not size so small heavy packages are discounted to the shipper - as a result, larger, lighter packages cost more.

Shipping to the states is expensive, heavy or oversize goes up.
Cost me 30.00 to ship a set of shackles from ontario to ca.
A sound bar for a yj was 43.00
This was all by regular post not ups ... I never ship ups because they charge 25.00 min. to brokerage the package.

Just have a look at the postage that is on it when it arrives. If they screwed you on shipping, ask for a refund equiv. to the difference. A good seller will explain or refund.

Hey thanks guys, I hope he gets back to me today. And we can be reasonable about this. Can't wait to put the fender flares on my XJ

Being in the shipping business that is about right. like Mr Smith said shipping International is expensive mainly because of Customs checking every item crossing from and to the desination. Find out which shipping company they are using and call the shipping company direct to find out.

He emailed me back this morning, saying he was sorry. He does not use ebay to make money off of shipping. He will package the item and take it to the post office to get actual weight and cost.

I live in rural British Columbia, shipping charges from the U.S. to Canada stops me from ordering quite a bit from the states which is a bummer, but I still bite the bullet cause we can't get 1/4 the stuff as easy as you can.If I do get something large I used a cross border post office as my destination.

I just bought a set of TJ flares from a fellow on ebay and he e-mailed to explain shipping was going to be $80.00. He then looked for alt. sources and it ended up costing $32.00 via USPS. Altogether I have about half in them vs new.

Back