• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vin number search?

Semper Fi

NAXJA Forum User
is there a website that I can go to that will tell me the options my jeep came with from the factory? I would like to do this for my XJ, but I just bought a ZJ also and have no idea what options it came with.

Options? No.
Basic construction (year, make, model, engine, trim level) yes.

There are some folks on here who will give you a link to the Jeep dealer or a site in Russia, but they aren't accurate. The older models especially will have incorrect information when you see the list provided by Daimler.

Semper Fi said:
is there a website that I can go to that will tell me the options my jeep came with from the factory? I would like to do this for my XJ, but I just bought a ZJ also and have no idea what options it came with.

I emailed Jeep about mine when I bought it and gave them the vin number and they sent me a build sheet that was accurate.

Yucca-Man said:
Options? No.
Basic construction (year, make, model, engine, trim level) yes.

There are some folks on here who will give you a link to the Jeep dealer or a site in Russia, but they aren't accurate. The older models especially will have incorrect information when you see the list provided by Daimler.
Very true, on all accounts.

4X4ever said:
I emailed Jeep about mine when I bought it and gave them the vin number and they sent me a build sheet that was accurate.
X2. I got a response within three or four days.
EDIT: Actually, my VIN report had a few errors, but it was very close (especially considering mine is a double-whammy Jeep--built on a Friday just before Christmas). That's assuming you've heard the rumors (which are somewhat true) about "Friday Jeeps" and those built close to holidays.

Last edited:
Timber said:
Very true, on all accounts.

X2. I got a response within three or four days.
EDIT: Actually, my VIN report had a few errors, but it was very close (especially considering mine is a double-whammy Jeep--built on a Friday just before Christmas). That's assuming you've heard the rumors (which are somewhat true) about "Friday Jeeps" and those built close to holidays.

What's the rumor?

You don't need to wait. If you can provide the last 8 digits of your VIN and the approximate miles on your Jeep I can probably get you the info in a few minutes.

I'd be glad to help if you wish.

4x4ever said:
What's the rumor?
Well, maybe it's just because I live in Toledo, and it seems everyone here personally knows someone who does or did work for Jeep. The rumors are basically about Jeeps built on Fridays (or around holidays or the end of a month/year) being f^&$#d up because everyone just wanted to go party for the weekend. One of the other rumors centered around workers who would get paid, cash their checks on their lunch breaks, and return to work super high. That one I've heard straight from Jeep employees. Maybe some of it's not true, but I know some is.

Semper Fi said:
PM'd you. If your anywhere near S. Central PA I would love to take care of that open recall for you.

By the way, you've got some nice equipment on that Jeep.

Last edited:
uoidxj said:
PM'd you. If your anywhere near S. Central PA I would love to take care of that open recall for you.

By the way, you've got some nice equipment on that Jeep.
thanks I just PM'ed you

thanks a million UOIDXJ that helped me out a lot and answered many questions for me.

If you need your VIN # decoded for you uoidXJ will help you out guys. I gave him my mileage and the last 8 digits of my VIN # and he was able to tell me when it was built, bought, and where it was bought at when new. He also helped me find out what options my Jeep came with when new. Send him an e-mail.

Back