• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my jeeps got static cling

xjwisconsin

NAXJA Forum User
well not really sure If im just imagining this or what but lately when I get out of the jeep and my left leg brushes against the b pillar I get a shock... like when you were a kid and rubbed your socks on the carpet. so my questoin is do I have some kinda bad ground or something or is it just that I should throw a couple of dryer sheets in the jeep?

This is normal when it gets cold and the humidity drops. If you want to get rid of it, take some Downy fabric softener and mix it with 4 parts water and use a spray bottle to mist the seats and carpet. It will make your jeep smell pretty.:jester:

Happens in every vehicle I get in and out of. It really annoys me cause I dont know when it's gonna happen.

Same thing happens in the house when I get on and off the couch in the house and go to flip on a light.......looks kinda cool doing that at night :)

If you maintian contact with the door or a pillar the shock will not happen. Also that is the reason you are not supposed to get in and out of your vehicle while fueling. If the vaper LEL is reached and you get a spark, flash:fuse:

It's definitely a winter thing. But like CHUGLYxj said, it is the reason you are not supposed to get in and out of your vehicle while fueling. Just the rubbing of the two fabrics together will create static, but it is more likely in the winter weather.

well thanks for the input guys.. I my theory was that the extra lights ect that i had put on were creating some sort of strange capacitor affect on the unibody. it wasnt really anything that I was worried about but seriously ive never had this happen in any of the seven or so other cars/ trucks I have owned. i will be sure to stop rubbing my pants quickly inside the vehicle and also to pump safely

Back