• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix? whats the deal???

MaxxTraxx

NAXJA Forum User
ok, another question to add to the pile....whats the main differance between a 89 4L and a 93 4L motor? I know the 89 is renix. Are the motors compatable, just diffrent fuel injection system or what????

Which motor is better?

I tryed to search, but it's alot of stuff to sort through....need a direct answer to narrow my search to find the answers to my questions.

Well off the top of my head, the heads, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, throttle body, not to mention a bunch of sensors and, you guessed it, the fuel injectors and their most of the stuff associated with them. Also IIRC the renix blocks have higher nickel content and are sturdier albeit heavier engine blocks. I think the cam is different in the H.O motor as well (When Chryco made their changes to the 4.0 in 91 they called it the 4.0 High Output because it got 190 instead of the Renix 173-177 in the later years). I'm sure I forgot a few things but someone else will probably mention them,

Back