• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vinyl floor lining options for late model cherokees?

CLOISER

NAXJA Forum User
I've been searching for a vinyl flooring to replace the carpeting in my 1998 4-door. I've been able to find vinyl flooring to fit 84-96 cherokees but no luck on the 97+...so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this type flooring and if the 84-96 floor plan is sufficiently similar to 97+ that using this liner could work? any help would be appreciated, just don't wanna go the bed liner route

http://www.discountjeepparts.com/index.php/cPath/40_107_3295/sort/5a/page/2

http://www.discountjeepparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/40_107_3295/products_id/25313

thanks!

Ive considered the vinyl as well. I would encourage you to use a bed liner product UNDER the vinyl though. Water and moisture will still get under there and will not dry out.
My plan, if I go vinyl is to Herculine under it.

timber I'm not sure what those numbers are for, I certainly hope they are not Mopar numbers for replacement parts $$$$$$$$$

CLOISER said:
timber I'm not sure what those numbers are for, I certainly hope they are not Mopar numbers for replacement parts $$$$$$$$$
Those are the year-matched (you did say "1998," right?) factory part numbers that any competent dealership parts counterman should be able to locate.
EDIT: You might consider checking JCWhitney for the rubber flooring. Much more cost effective, I would think--but don't know for a fact.

This was covered last year, there are a couple of carpet manufactuers that make the rubber/vinyl pads, one piece ones, price was not too bad either. They came plan and with some kind of thick backing to eliminate noise and such.

so how similar are the 84-96 & 97-01 floor plans?
would a vinyl floor from one work in the other?

so how similar are the 84-96 & 97-01 floor plans?
would a vinyl floor from one work in the other?

the 95 & 96 are almost identical to the 97 floor pans. As far as carpeting the differences wouldnt matter. the 95 and later models have an additional support on the floor where the front seats bolt in. Other then that... The mounting holes for a 97+ e-brake are slightly different - but that wont effect carpeting/vinyl flooring.

I just did one of these vinyl floor kits. IT SUCKED! It took me 3 weekends of heating, strtching, and trimming to get it good enough to put the trim back on. I would not recommend it, but the camoflage vinyl does look pretty cool on my floor.

CommandoXJ96: Thanks that's exactly the info I've been looking for

Nevada City Sparky: What year XJ were you installing it in, how many doors? Where in particular did it fit poorly? Which vinyl floor, the passenger area or cargo area?

Thanks for the replies, looking forward to getting rid of carpet, doesn't work well with the salt-slush of CNY winter :doh:

Back