• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keeping the stock trac bar?

jeepcherokee88

NAXJA Forum User
I just put a 6.5 lift on my xj and i need a larger trac bar but i heard people talking about keeping the stock length trac bar and just moving it back in the bottom bracket and just drilling a new hole now i was curious if any of you guys have done this or heard of doing it and if so i'am intrested in how hard it was to line up the body with the axle and drill the new hole?

Drilling a new hole isn't really an option for 6.5" of lift. You really need an adjustable trackbar.

Hale

Jason-RJR said:
Pick up an extreme duty RE track bar with the upper bracket and call it a day.

X2. A HD (Adjustable) trackbar w/mount (which puts the frame-end pin in double shear) is the only way to go. Spend the money now, or pay for 2 of them later (a regular adjustable that "fits" into the stock mount now + the HD replacement you will end up needing).

I have not personally tried it but you might want to. A friend cut his and extended it with some thick walled pipe. Welded it up and has been driving it that way for a couple of years. BUT as a disclaimer he is a certified welder in the oil patch.
Up to you but there is the financials to consider.

Back