• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ LIft OPtions...

Speed_racer

NAXJA Forum User
Im currently in the market for an MJ, and am going to have all parts ready to order when that glorious day comes, lol!!

I know the MJ's are diff. b/c they came SUA, instead of SOA like the XJ's... So how can companies like Rustys say their kits will work for either or? I like the idea of 8-9" of long armed lift, but I dont see how a 6.5" leaf spring, and shackles, wont make me 12+" of lift when I go soa...

Basically, looking to go 8-10", What do you guys recommend?

And I dont have the time or knowledge to DIY!

You have options but my SOA netted about 4.5 to 5 inchs of lift. You could buy the spring to match however high you want to go from there. The XJ and MJ are the same from the doors foward so the lift kit will work up front. You just need to worry about what you want to do in the rear.

with the rusty's kits they include a SOA kit and different springs packs than the XJ kit to make up the 8.5/9"

The crossmembers are quite different. but essentially the MJ is the same.

Keep your stock rear leafs. They are longer than XJ leafs and they flex really well. Spring over the axle of choice, this gives you 5" of lift. If you need an extra inch to mach up with 6.5" front coils or whatever get some longer 1" shackles. Now your looking at 6.5" up front, 6" out back = perfect.
You'll need to buy some new axles weld on mounts for the springs and that's really it. Maybe want to replace the leaf spring bushings while your at it and break down the leafs and clean them up.

6.5" coils - $130
Front shocks - $60
Make some custom long arms - $300
Brake lines - $75
Custom steering - $160
Trac Bar - $130
done.
6.5" is plenty of lift brother, you want your center of gravity to be low as it can be.

steelmen said:
why not just get a Xj rear end or move your axle SOA
doesn't workj like that, spring perches are different widths.
If you're going SOA on an MJ you're welding perches.

barillms said:
Keep your stock rear leafs. They are longer than XJ leafs and they flex really well. Spring over the axle of choice, this gives you 5" of lift. If you need an extra inch to mach up with 6.5" front coils or whatever get some longer 1" shackles. Now your looking at 6.5" up front, 6" out back = perfect.
You'll need to buy some new axles weld on mounts for the springs and that's really it. Maybe want to replace the leaf spring bushings while your at it and break down the leafs and clean them up.

6.5" coils - $130
Front shocks - $60
Make some custom long arms - $300
Brake lines - $75
Custom steering - $160
Trac Bar - $130
done.
6.5" is plenty of lift brother, you want your center of gravity to be low as it can be.
I agree with this post. MJ's don't have that troublesome door in the way that prevents XJ guys from opening up the rear wheel wells.
I fit 34's on 3" of lift just fine.
Go to your local chrysler dealership and get the mopar spring perches, they're like $8 for a SET, and very nice.
If you want the part number search for perches under eagle's username.
You can use full size chevy 2" drop shackles for a rear lift, they netted me about another 1" in the rear, and they're cheap fropm summit.

87manche said:
doesn't workj like that, spring perches are different widths.
If you're going SOA on an MJ you're welding perches.

Oh, my bad i thought they had the same spring perches widths

Back