• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 jeep hidden hitch?

MoparManiac

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if the front hidden hitch listed on quadratec will fit a '99 cherokee? It only says 84-98 but I can't see how a '99-01 would be that much different...? I've done my friends and it just uses the two sway bar bolts and you drill two holes near the front of the "frame rail". Anyone know for sure? Thanks

I've owned a ZJ and a WJ, and put towhooks on both. I can guarentee they're different. The front reciever uses the towhook holes for the ZJ. Not sure how one would mount on a WJ, but the towhook brackets aren't even close to a ZJ.

KsMJ said:
I've owned a ZJ and a WJ, and put towhooks on both. I can guarentee they're different. The front reciever uses the towhook holes for the ZJ. Not sure how one would mount on a WJ, but the towhook brackets aren't even close to a ZJ.
What?

While I don't know for an absolute, 100%-guaranteed fact, it should be fine. Quadratec has an aftermarket anti-sway bar listed as not working on Limited models and I e-mailed the company that makes it. They responded that Quadratec does much of the product descriptions themselves instead of relying solely on the manufacturer--and they seemed more than slightly irritated by it.

MoparManiac said:
Just wondering if the front hidden hitch listed on quadratec will fit a '99 cherokee? It only says 84-98 but I can't see how a '99-01 would be that much different...? I've done my friends and it just uses the two sway bar bolts and you drill two holes near the front of the "frame rail". Anyone know for sure? Thanks
dont get the frt hidden hitch, it hangs down way to low, get the drawtite hitch, i belive jc whitney has them

www.etrailer.com Good prices and you will get the right one.

I have the Hidden Hitch on my '01 and it couldn't be any higher up. If it was you would have to cut a hole in the bumper itself. I would have to see the drawtite to believe it gave more clearance. Either way you can get them from Etrailer.

Glen

I'm confused, I looked into buying a front reciever for my ZJ several years ago, and it used the towhook bracket holes. And I know the towhooks are nowhere near the same. If the one for the WJ uses the swaybar bracket holes, it might be close enough for the ZJ. Since I obviuosly don't know what I'm talking about, I'll shut-up.:speepin:

Back