• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arm Kit

It depends on how much money you have to blow? I made everything based on info from this site for around $300. Is it worth $1300 to me? Heck no. I paid $600 for my rig! My MJ is off road only, I wouldn't put long arms on my daily driver but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, there are many benefits to long arms, over conventional short arm systems. Besides articulation benefits, it corrects the steep angle of the LCAs on a lifted vehicle which causes death wobble and other handling, steering and ride problems.

barillms said:
Besides articulation benefits, it corrects the steep angle of the LCAs on a lifted vehicle which causes death wobble and other handling, steering and ride problems.

I'll expand slightly on this: LAs will greatly increase your ride quality if you're going from an already lifted vehicle to them. As said above, you will no longer have steep angles on your LCAs. Ideally, you want your short arm LCAs to be as straight as possible with the ground, they should be parallel with the ground to give you the best ride.

It won't matter much with LAs.

Its not even a true LA kit,its a hybrid with stock uppers.This will create some radical pinion/caster angles and twisting on the axle.Run,run-away quick!

Back