• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower motor hose Q?

clunk

NAXJA Forum User
For lack of better terms, I'm referring to the hose that comes off the back of the blower motor and rests on the firewall.

Just a quick question, is this hose supposed to be crimped at the end? I believe I read somewhere it should be but mine isn't, it just rests on the firewall ledge there. It was sucking in water and spraying it onto the passenger floor before I pushed it over to one side of the firewall so it couldn't suck up any accumulated water.

Logically I figure that not having it crimped or sealed on the one end would allow exhaust fumes to be pulled into the inside of the jeep. I don't really wan't to die of carbon monoxide poisoning while I'm driving down the street, so I just want to make sure. I hope it's not a dumb question, but I couldn't find what I was looking for in the search feature.

Thanks!

hmm, yeah well that little hose there that is attached back to the blower is just flailing around. I didn't see any hole for it to plug back into, but the end was flared which made me think it had been pressed over a filter or something. I guess that answers my question.

Is that little hose supposed to suck heated air and blow it into the cabin?
I wonder if mine has just bee sucking hot exhaust fumes into the cab, wooo that's a scary thought...havn't been driving it too much since I bought it so I guess I got off lucky if that's the case, otherwise I coulda killed myself.

Back