• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 cherokee directional sticking

Turn Signal Prob.

Your turnsignal flasher may of gone bad. it's under your hood in the fuse box. you'll have to replace it. or your turn signal lights have partially blown... i would check the light bulbs first then the flasher.

how do you post new posts? i'm new to NAXJA and ihaven't learned my way around yet.

The flasher solenoid has gone bad. Had the same thing happen on my 99. The flasher is NOT under the hood, it is behind that kick panel that is below the steering wheel. Pull that kick panel, and the metal plate that's behind that kick panel (which comes off when you unscrew the plastic piece) off and you'll see the small box that is your flasher solenoid. If you are unsure, turn the ignition on and turn on the blinker, and you can hear (and feel) which is the one for the turn signals. I believe there is only one solenoid in that general area, but it's been a while and I don't have my FSM handy so i can't look it up for you.

I'd advise going to autozone to get the replacement....shouldn't cost more than $3 or so...atleast that's what I paid for mine.

I say go to autozone becuase when I went to Napa, they told me "that's a dealer only part."

The one I got now has a slightly faster flash to it, but as long as it works, I don't care. It's been over a year now with no more problems.

Re: Turn Signal Prob.

1395857phillip said:
how do you post new posts? i'm new to NAXJA and ihaven't learned my way around yet.

If you mean make a new thread, click on which section you would like to view (i.e. OEM Tech Discussion (which is this one), or Non-Tech/Off Topic, or any of the other ones on the forum main page), and then on the next page click "New Thread" button which is located right above the list of all the current open threads.

Back