• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to Get Valve Cover Breather back in

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
How do you get the breathers for the valve covers back in? I removed them and I can't get 'em back in now. They were alot more pliable when pulled. If I put them in boiling water for a bit would that do the trick or damage them?

I have a 93 and the dealer gave me the twist on ones. But my heep has the ones from a 94. Which are the press in ones. After I got that straightened out, I just press them in. Wasn`t very hard, but I`am in south Florida.

try using a blow dryer to soften it up a bit. a dull flat screwdriver can help too. the breather hose on the front of my 90's valve cover can be a bugger when cold but the pcv on the back is always easy enough.

The older they are the more rock solid they seem to get. I just put new ones in and was amazed at the difference. I agree with lubing it though. I used some Silkolene on it and both popped right in.

If it's the 93< kind you can take the actual elbow out of the grommet, put the grommet in first by working it around the hole, then put the elbow in. That's what I have to do with the dried out ones anyway. Is this the one that you put on your '90 a while back? Good luck btw!
-Collin

RenixPower-Yea it is, the valve cover gasket was beyond shot so a good cleaning was in order.

Thanks for the advice folks

Zoro said:
RenixPower-Yea it is, the valve cover gasket was beyond shot so a good cleaning was in order.
Yeah I know, I was the one who got you turned onto the new style cover.

Back