• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 chain/ sproket and planetary upgrades

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
Who has done some of these mods and knows the vechiles to grab donor parts?

I'm trying to get 6 planetary part for my 231 and get a wider chain and sproket.

I've got a 231 hd chevy case in front of me and I'm tearing it apart here at pick a part.

any s10 or s10 blazer from 88 to around 95, or whenever the body style changed to the rounder style. Basically any s10 with the 231. The older ones had the 207 POS. I used to own a built s10 blazer, thats how I know...
-Jerry

If you stumble over a source on the wide chain/sprockets, grab one for me too. I'll be overhauling my transfer case this spring and plan on doing the 6 rollar planetary (sitting in my garage), wide chain setup, and am going to try and adapt a transfer case cooler from a hummer 242 into the 231.

A good source of the wide chains at a reasonable price would be nice. I scored my wide sprockets from a Dodge pickup with a HD231. You do loose the syncro by going wide but if you cant figure out how to shift without one, you should be offroading:gag:

I have a couple of irons in the fire, shoot me a PM with what your looking for. I'm pretty sure one or the other will pan out for me.

old_man said:
You do loose the syncro by going wide but ...

I didn't know that. That's a bummer, I frequently shift in and out of 2hi/4hi at speed on long dirt road runs, when it gets sandy.

Back