• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check engine light/ tbs

jeepster96

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 96 cherokee with a 4.0 ho, it has ran good sence my dad boaght it in 98, i got it a year ago and have been taking off road, and have had no problem with its performance. i took it out hunting a few days ago and drove through a large water hole that was about 15 inchs deep, it studderd like it got water in the cold air intake. then it stopped and drove fine the hole way home, when i left my gfs house it was spiting and studdering really bad and the check engine light came on, i have the engin codes and it came up as the IAC and TBS, i changed both those and cleaned the throtlebody out really good. so i changed them tonight and the light went off and it drove fine for about 8 miles, the the check engine light came on, so i checked the codes and the the TBS came back up, im lost, WHAT DO I DO AND WHAT SHOULD I CHECK, this is my everyday driver it has to run like a champ.. HELP i want to :explosion its frustrating

Back