• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire size question

XJsport23

NAXJA Forum User
I just lifted my 98 sport last weekend (first car, I absolutely LOVE it), and I'm wondering about tire sizes.
I lifted it 3" with a Rustys kit, and I want to fit 32" tires. I will be removing my flares and trimming up the fender. My dad insists this wont work well, but I would prefer the look of a bigger tire with the trimmed fender wells. I'm pretty positive it would work out with extended bumpstops as a precaution, but he really is against it. I was just wondering about your thoughts as experienced XJ owners.
Also, would 4" backspacing work out? I have some steels with 2" backspacing sitting around(let me know if any of you want them, brand new) and that wouldn't exactly work out.
And heres the worst question: what's the bolt pattern for the rims?

You should have no problems! I installed a rusty's 3" full leaf on her cherokee and we did a little trimming on the fenders and trimmed 1" moved the front flairs up 1 1/2 and did the same in the rear. If you get the right backspacing you will have no problem at all!

Also... I took it out after the lift was done and i have to give rusty's some credit. It flexed and handled just a good as my old xj that had a 3.5 Rubicon Express super ride!!! Enjoy the lift and keep our trails clean!!!

-Matt-

Back