View Full Version : PCV Valve?

July 5th, 2006, 20:39
I need to replace the rear rubber seal around the vacuum line that goes to the crank case for an '87 4.0L. I'm sure I could get it from the stealership, but I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere you can get them for cheaper. The damn inspection station won't pass my Jeep until I replace it (along with the steering wheel and the exhaust leak, but I can probably get by those with a less strict inspector). Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

July 5th, 2006, 21:16
Only place i know of is the dealership. Replaced one about a year ago, it wasn't that expensive i think under $10.

July 5th, 2006, 22:07
PVC Valve Kit Part # 4638360 for $6.04 from the dealer by me... that the grommet, and the plastic hose...

July 6th, 2006, 18:13
that has to be the easiest thing i have replaced on mine. i think it all came to 7 bucks.

good luck passing!

July 6th, 2006, 18:20
i just replaced mine i went to advanced i think i pay a dollar and change for the grommet in the help section