• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rancho 3in coils

DansGreyMj

NAXJA Forum User
i already seached-
is it true that they only give 2.25in of lift

I've never heard that. They should give a little more due to their higher spring rate. They ride rough, I know that from first hand experience, not on my rig but a buddies.

They will give atleast 3in, I had them in my Xj for about 9+yrs. I think they are a good spring.

cstilesiscool said:
I've never heard that. They should give a little more due to their higher spring rate. They ride rough, I know that from first hand experience, not on my rig but a buddies.

i read it somewhere and i actually have them on my mj, but ive never measured them to check, but ithnk they have a good ride

I've got a used set n my XJ, and before I put my winch and bumper on, they sat mighty high. I think that they're good springs, and you might be confused with the rear leaf springs. They sit a bit lower.

my mj sits really asshigh

cstilesiscool said:

I have them and been running them for ~5 years and they still are at 3" and I bought them used. The ride is fine.

I have used the same set in 3 different rides, and the only one that sat "low" was the MJ. The 2 XJ's sat a little higher than 3", so I don't know what is up with that? Ride is fair, flex is decent. For $40 used, I can't really gripe too much.

DansGreyMj said:
i already seached-
is it true that they only give 2.25in of lift

If you are lookign at purchasing them with a kit, get the Rancho rs6416 TJ Rockcrawler 4" front springs. That is what I have and love the ride. With a 1" spacer I am at just over 4 inches. Old Man Emu JC1A in the Rear with their extra leaf.

This picture was before the spacer and JKS shackles, and 400 plus pounds of gear.

gobijeepc-1151295561-4104.jpg

Curtis

Back