• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

roof rack

fitchjr

NAXJA Forum User
I built this rack out of 1" square tubing, its 48"x60"x4" mounted with surco gutter mounts. I mounted six lights on it four in front and two in the rear, the outside two on the front are mounted at an angle to maximize the area light. I used the top hole on the surco mounts and drilled a hole so the rack sits lower to the cab.

MVC-006F.jpg

MVC-005F.jpg

MVC-007F.jpg

i grounded the rack to the body, and grounded each light to the tabs on the rack. then ran the front four wires thrugh my sunroof, and the back wires through the hatch then ran them thrugh the plastic trim on the inside all the way to the dash to the switches. the hot wire i used a spade connector that i put in the fuse block and used an inline fuse for extra protection.

thanks for the tip...i just got a zacatal roof rack (not here yet :() but im going to wire up 4 lights and was trying to find out the easiest way to wire up the lights

Back