• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

86 wagoneer has a miss and dont know where

kordeckid

NAXJA Forum User
i bought this truck off my uncle for cheap and put it back together after it sat for 2 years and i got it started and it runs like crap and the exhaust smell really rich. there are a few vacum line i cant find. i need help guys please!

Drain all the fluids, gas, oil, radiator and refill. Then see where you are at.
Probably New plugs [champions] new cap, rotor and wires, thermostat, maybe new pressure tank [that tank on the firewall is part of the cooling system and the cap is a pressure cap].
I'd also after draining the gas stick a couple of gallons in and a few ounces of Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner and let that run for a few.
A vehicle stored for 2 years without prep can be a real PIA getting it back. Do the gas filter after you drain the tank.

I have a 1986 wagoneer with the 2.5L TBI. And i have the FSM and electrical book also.Do like the post before me said and work from there. Dry rot is a mother change all the vacum lines also. Good luck with her
John

Back