• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

patriotic wheels.

DIKASUN

NAXJA Forum User
what is the best way to get these damn blue and red stripes off of these wheels?

narnia007.jpg

??????

I dont know but I would like to find out how to get rid of at least the red one on mine.

Every time I dry my imitation rockkrawlers at the car wash a little more of that blue and red comes off. I would almost bet rubbing or polishing compound and some elbow grease would do it.

A little rubbing compound.

A rag with some acetone on it.

A mud bath.

Have some a$$wipe in an F350 dully sideswipe you, thats how most of my blue and red got off my front rim.

all you need is some of that fingernail polish remover. Its gonna take some work, but you should be able to pump them all out in a little while. I did my dads for him and only finished one wheel.!!

Here at the bodyshop we use oven cleaner to remove pinstripe type paints. Just spray on and let sit, then wipe off. Using a compound while wiping also makes it much easier. Works for us.

Your outcome may vary.

Go get some acetone. It will take it off easily, and much quicker than nail polish remover. Wear gloves. Acetone is not good for you.

go to autozone get some black wheel paint, take off your wheels if you dont want overspray on your jeep. Clean wheels with simple green etc to get road debri oil off, scuff up with some 3m/scotch brite pads, wipe down with xylene, tape off the tires with some news paper. Then paint the wheel. Done.

Or get a little artist craft paint brush some black paint and skillfully trace over the line with black paint for the easy route, still would want to degrease and wash the rim so it adheres though.

Take a rag and spray brake kleen on it (the rag not the wheel) and wipe the stripes off. I've done this on a couple of sets of wheels. It won't mess up the powder coat (I wet the rag and don't spray it directly on the wheel.....it will take a little of the gloss out) a coat of wax and it's like they were never there (glossy again!) Then I grind them against rocks for that, much sought after, trail patina look!---------Hans

Back