• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PLEASE HELP broke down in millington TN

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP. we live in wisconsin, but my wife is in the army and had to go to millington TN for a week and this friday (january 12th) is her last day there. yesterday something on the jeep broke. i build the jeep myself, but can't help right now as i'm home injured.

she said that it jerks and jars like stop and go when she is driving it. she took it to a jeep dealership there and they told her that her detroit truetrac is bad and they want to replace it.

is there anybody in that area that is a honest good and fast working mechanic that can diagnose, and repair the jeep by then, or at least help her through this to make sure that the shop doesn't fix the wrong thing??? and does anybody know of any 4x4 parts shops close to there so she can get the parts without waiting all week???

i promise we will pay for the work done. right now things are tight, but if we need to, we'll pull some money off the credit card. i'm just hoping that we can save some money over having the dealership doing any major work.

the jeep is a:

97 wrangler

4.0L, AX15, NP231 with advanced adapters SYE and tom woods driveshaft

FRONT:
HP Dana30 (out of an 89XJ)
using the 97 wrangler knuckles, axle shafts, and brakes.
yukon 4.56 gears

REAR:
factory Dana44 housing (1year old)
Detroit Truetrac part# 16100.608 purchased from quadratec http://www.quadratec.com/products/16100_608.htm
alloy axles
03 rubicon disc brakes
yukon 4.56 THICK gear (For Dana 44 Rear with 3.73 and Numerically Lower Gear Ratio carriers)

i just build everything from the frame down last x-mass. so everything is only 1 year old. everything was replaced at that time from the axles to the suspension and the steering. every nut and bolt bushing and ball joint is new.

if you are can help out in any way, please contact her ASAP and let me know on here.
her cell# is 414-305-4096
her e-mail [email protected]
she will be teaching training courses most of the time and won't be able to answer the phone right away, but just leave a number and she'll get back.

thank you very much.

thanks fireLT.

a buddy of mine down the street heard of the trouble. he is taking is truck and trailer down there on friday to pick up my wife and the jeep and bring them back home so we can fix it here.

my wife informed me that she got a call from the dealership. so she went to look at the damage. the detroit truetrak had completely cracked in 2 pieces right down the middle. she said she saw it herself. and when they turned the tires by hand half of the housing would actually hit the pinion.

anybody know the warranty on detroit truetraks???

I got a one year warrenty on mine. Actually on the true track and the full detroits.

my wife took this pic with her phone while it was at the dealership. she already ordered herself a replacement...........auburn ECTED electric selectable locker.

she is a little disapointed in detroit right now. lol she's only had it 1 year and has only taking it on 1 level 1 trail ride so far. so she decided to get something better for when she starts coming out to harder trail rides.

brokendetroitLSD.jpg

Back