• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee Front Bumper Question!

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking for a nice front bumper for my XJ. I dont want an ARB or a warn and dont really want one with a winch plate. Im would like to have a nice solid bumper with some d ring tabs or maybe a stinger. Im not to knowlegdable on what bumpers are out there but i dont want to spend alot either. Maybe in the 200-300 dollar range. Any ideas?? thanks

Those JCRoffroad bumpers are not too shabby and they are reasonably priced. Hows Quality?? and Im gonna be hitting it alot and i see where they will replace it if i break it. thats pretty cool

I was looking at JCR bumpers for a while when I was thinking about a bumper. Everyone on here who has talked about theirs has been extremely happy with theirs, great quality.

Rock Lizard Fab, a little more $$ but IMO well worth it. The pic is from their site not mine.

100_0544.jpg

ttocsnekia said:
Have somebody local make it, that way you get exactly what you want

www.jcroffroad.com and www.ajsoffroadarmor.com will both build you anything you want so that makes it easier than tracking down a local back yard fab guy if you dont know such a guy .... then give jcr or aj a call. Both have no fine print you break it they fix it, or replace it free warranties. I dont see how you can go wrong. I also like ridgid design its the purdiest, and best looking mounting system on paper. Its a good time to be a bumper buyer, the american small business man is a great thing

Last edited:
heyday0de.jpg

mine cost me $50. custom bumper are the best, they give you exactly what you want. ask around some local places or get to know some welders :D

I like my Rock Lizard too. I'm at work and can't post a pic. All I can do is give you a link to a pic in the Colo. chapter. At least from that angle you can see the corners. I'm on the 2nd page.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94360&page=2

I sold my C4x4 for one. I didn't have my winch in it, but the C4x4 winch bumper looked like a picnic table sticking out. Really there was little room to get rid of, and it was similar to other winch bumpers I looked at. But it did wreck my approch angle and kept me off of some stuff others were getting up on. So I got the RL and will use a multi mount winch. I went back and did the stuff I couldn't before no sweat. For the 99% of the time I don't need a winch, it's much better looking and wheeling.

Back