• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Question

I'm just wanting a beefier tire then stock that will look good and want to throw some black pro-comp wheels on. Any suggestions? Right now I can't afford a lift kit and when I do, it won't be any more then 2.5".

30X9.5X15 BFG A/Ts will fit rub a little on bumps but look good.

AdL33 said:
What's the biggest tires that can fit on a stock height Cherokee? Would 30'' work?

I can only speak for 1984 - 1996 here...

But I run 30's on my Chief no problem. These are on OEM 15" x 7" wheels (5.25" back spacing) and I have no rubbing with connected sway bars. I have not disconnected the sway bar however in my experiance all that will happen in that case is the top *might* rub on the rop of the inner wheel well. There is absouletly NO rubbing on the OEM lower control arms.

Sequoia

I ran 30" Mastercraft M/Ts on my 01 with stock suspension for about 2 months. The only issue was disconnected.

Here is my ride with 30x9.50's and all else stock. I rub a little, but plan to fix it soon with a BB and some trimming.

DSC01341.jpg

Well here is a pic of my jeep! i got a sweet deal from my friend on a set of wheels and tires, i was going to put them on the old xj but it got totaled. so i put them on my new on. Its stock ride and a have minor rubbing with 32's. Took out the grinder and did some nice clean trimming and the fit perfect, i am instaling a 2"BB tomorrow and ill post another pic. but here you go!!

-Matt- :NAXJA:

newjeep009.jpg

phinx4x4 said:
Well here is a pic of my jeep! i got a sweet deal from my friend on a set of wheels and tires, i was going to put them on the old xj but it got totaled. so i put them on my new on. Its stock ride and a have minor rubbing with 32's. Took out the grinder and did some nice clean trimming and the fit perfect, i am instaling a 2"BB tomorrow and ill post another pic. but here you go!!

-Matt- :NAXJA:

newjeep009.jpg

you need that BB bad.. will look nice though..

87woodyXJ said:
you need that BB bad.. will look nice though..

Well came home to find out my neighbor started with out me so i have the 2"BB on and it looks great! No more tire rubing!!! Tomorrow i am going to be doing a little work to the fenders so i have clearence when i get my 3.5 RE SF in the next two months or so. Money is tight and as you all know this is not a cheap sport!!!

-Matt-

Back