• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UTH...unidentified transmission hose

fspell220

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone. I was under my jeep the other day just checking things out and I came across a hose coming from somewhere on the transmission. The hose comes out on the passenger side and is just lying near the bellhousing with a piece of metal tubing that appears to be cut off in it. I can't trace the hose on the transmission side of it. It goes up and over to the top of the transmission and I cant tell if it connects to the top or goes out to the drivers side some where. At first I thought it might have been a vaccum line but I remembered the aw4 was controlled electronically. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. BTW its an 87 laredo,4.0,aw4......207,000 miles

:helpme:

ok, but why does it have what looks to be a cut off piece of transmission tubing in the end. And yes both of my transmission lines are going to radiator.

Cut off bit of tubing with a one-bolt flange soldered/welded to it? That makes it easier to retain up high somewhere.

You can also just pull that fitting, get a longer hose, and put it somewhere convenient that way - most of those hoses I've seen are pretty nasty. It's a fairly easy fix - just watch out on the transmission end, since most of the time that's a plastic fitting!

5-90

Back