• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bubbling Noise (XJ 2000 Classic)

Seasalt

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, sometimes when I turn the car on, it makes this bubbling noise. It feels like the engine is going to turn off. Does anyone know why this is happening? This probaly happens once out of 20 times I turn the car on.

There's a common issue with 2000 XJs involving heat soak on the #3 injector. This typically happens if you park with the engine warm, shut off, and try to start up again within 20 minutes or so of having parked. There was a TSB issued about this; details can be found in this post.

Although technically an injector shield, for some reason the part you're looking for is referred to as an ignition cable shield. In any event, the correct part number is 56028371AA; a full set of six (yes, I was paranoid and decided to do them all) will run you around $25 or so shipped from www.allchryslerparts.com .

I believe casm is right on this one. As for the bubbling sound you hear. That could possibly be the water boiling in your radiator and coolant resevoir. Your vehicle maybe overheating and if your idiot light is not functioning or your gage is then you may not know it.

Back