• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My New Seat Pictures and Recommendation

sflier

NAXJA Forum User
A while back I posted a question asking if anyone had ever used www.trimcar.com for replacement seat covers (that thread was http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85782 ). I finally gave them a call about a month ago and decided to give them a try. They were extremely knowledgeable, professional and took time explaining color, pattern and material options with me. They even emailed me a Photoshop-like mockup (using a picture of the existing interior I had emailed them as input) of one option I was considering so I could see what the final results might look like. That was very helpful.

They did not have seat patterns for my ’94 Jeep Cherokee SE 2-door but suggested I send them my passenger and rear seat covers as reference. Evidently that’s their standard practice for making covers when they don’t have pre-existing patterns. I was still able to drive as the driver’s seat was left intact (kind of like a mail truck …) while the covers were being made.

I settled on their plush vinyl material in tan with black piping. The total process took less than 2 weeks total (with the xmas holiday in between) from the time I sent the seat covers to the time I received the new ones.

I could not be happier with the results. The seats are soft and look and feel as close to leather as I’ve ever seen. They fit perfectly and exactly match the factory originals (pockets for the metal mounting bars, hardware, carpeting on the back of the rear seat, padding, etc.). Here are some pictures of the results:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]/album/576460762383381964

well by following the link in his thread you can see they are in Ft. Lauderdale and price range $495-995 depending on material for 2 rows. Not exactly hard to figure out. The seats do look good. Prices seem to be on par with most shops.

Nice seats sflier. I like NAXJA but (some) people on here should quit being dicks to other people over simple grammar errors and not searching before posting. I think if your a member or a forum user then you should be able to post what ever you want

Back