• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

name that part ..and whats being done!!!

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys trivia time who know what this part is and what is being done to modify it...
any takers??

117_1746.jpg

:wave1: :skull1:

That is a knuckle from a D60 and you are trying to get lazy in getting the tube out of it.

old_man said:
That is a knuckle from a D60 and you are trying to get lazy in getting the tube out of it.

close enogh TOM cept its from a a D44 and my feet are small :dunce:

nice work
props on knowin yer chit:party:
btw what s the accepted practice to gettin this part out??

A press is normally envolved. That or a BFH.

You might take your life in your hands and put the whole thing in the wife's oven at 450 for a half hour. It may pop easy. While it is hot, you can pour some water over the inner piece, causing it to shrink as well.

old_man said:
A press is normally envolved. That or a BFH.

You might take your life in your hands and put the whole thing in the wife's oven at 450 for a half hour. It may pop easy. While it is hot, you can pour some water over the inner piece, causing it to shrink as well.

tried that with a 8 ton
pretty sure a 20 would have got it
and as far as the BFH

way to much work for me;)

Lots of people do it that way. Once you get two cuts 180* from each other they'll pretty much just fall out (okay, hit them with a hammer and they will).

yea thats what I was told and when I tried it with the relief cut nada ..I didnt really grind off much of the OEM material (remaider of tube in the C & C itself ).

I guess the weld protruded into the C about 3/16"

anyways so what is the

ACCEPTED way of welding these C's back on??

thanx

Prep the tube and inner circle of the knuckles, throw them in an oven for about 20-30 min... get the hot gloves out and run those bastards back into the garage and slide them onto the tube.

Might take a little modivation to get them started but they will slide onto the tube. As they cool down slowly, they'll seat themselves.

MIG them on... make sure you penetrate plenty...

Back