• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

teraflex shackles

Ewenm

NAXJA Forum User
just got my teraflex shackles today 3'' for a 1.5'' rear lift (94 XJ)

anyone fitted these before and if so what did you do about your exhaust pipe

the instructions talk about realigining it bot i have a 2.5'' big bore system

i am thinking of a big hammer and making the tail pipe oval ot dimpling it where the shackle bolt meets the pipe

what do you think

Ewem

If you are talking about revolvers, the best thing you can do is sell them.

MrMom said:
touch end of bolt with grinder problem solved
worked with my tereflex shackles but I had a stock tail pipe

yeah that or i just cut my tail pipe shorter by 3 inches or so.....havent had any problems yey except for the exhaust melting the lock nut...but i havent tried to remove it so i dont know if that is a problem....

I ovaled mine but I had to cut off the stock tailpipe and put on a straight piece which I then ovaled it. I dont know if the big-bore exhaust, even ovaled is gonna fit in that tight spot. Sorry I dont have a good pic. You may be able to see it in this one;
generalpurpose11vd.jpg

Unless you are keen on keeping the exhaust tip, just cut it shorter and get a piece that points down...that's what I've done...but I also have a reese hitch so not much room between the two.

Sean

I heated up the tailpipe and moved it over with a pipe in it to clear my shackles.

X2, I run 2.5"pipe too, I put a "dimple" on the exhaust where the bolt for the shack would hit it and put some heat on the exhaust andmoved it over. Then I re set the last exhaust pipe hanger. This is what it took on mine so I wouldn't hear it hitting over every bump. YMMV. Good luck.

i did it and it great i just beat the sh-t out of the tail pipe and it worked great. now i need longer shocks as the standard ones are at there full stretch and i have a slight vibration at 35mph oc at 50 then back again at 65mph so i guess i will lower the rear mount

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=RIMG0050.JPG"

Back