• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ready to start lift

dspilot

NAXJA Forum User
Alright ya'll,

Total noob here!!

I have been searching the forums and I guess I really just want some reassurance, and to know if I have missed anything.

I just got my 2" Teraflex BB (spacers and shackles), and am going o start on it soon. I have been hitting eveything with PB Blaster nearly everyday for the past couple of weeks. The jeep sat in a driveway in Deleware (semi salty environment for 2 years without moving). When I am under there, it doesn't look too terribly rusty.

I will be doing it in my father in law's shop. He refurbishes John Deere tractors and is a retired mechanic, so I am hoping that he will have all of the tools/lifts/random know-how that I will need.

I am a moderate do it yourselfer too, so I hope between the 2 of us and all of the combined knowledge on here that we can figure it out.

The reason for all of this rambling is just to ask ya'll that have done it a few times just what we might run into that is normally unforseen. What problems did ya'll have, and how did you remedy them?

Thanks in advance for any help. I have a 96 XJ, 4.0. I just put on 30x9.50 BFG ATs on pro comp wheels, and it looks OK, but its gonna look sweet with the xtra 2 inches. It also rubs a little right now too. Also planning to do some fender trimming in the future. I would also like to try my hand at fabbing up some stuff too. With all of his stuff, I just catch myself walking around his shop thinking of all the possibilities.

I am so hooked on this stuff. I just go out to the garage and pop the hood and look for stuff to tinker with. Here are some pics. I will certainly post more as the work progresses.:us:

After I got it home (did I mention that I only paid 350 bucks for it)?

DSC01332.jpg

My first mod?? Are new tire and wheels really a mod?

DSC01341.jpg

She really is one of the most amazing dogs I have ever seen. Extremely intelligent, calm, great with the kids and very loyal. I really think more of her than of most people.

Back