• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone got some door hinges?

Mike L

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for some door hinges for the XJ. ANyone got some laying around?

Mike L said:
I am looking for some door hinges for the XJ. ANyone got some laying around?

huh? what portion(s) are you refering to? I have some on my xj that I am cutting a portion off of.

ROBERTK said:
huh? what portion(s) are you refering to? I have some on my xj that I am cutting a portion off of.

I figured when I said DOOR hinge, most would think it was the part that bolted to the DOOR. :cheers:

I got some Mike. Will go over it when we talk Monday. Russ

Mike L said:
I figured when I said DOOR hinge, most would think it was the part that bolted to the DOOR. :cheers:

Well arent they welded on, to the firewall that is? Or was that only on mine?

I assume hes looking for the door side ...
DSCN2573.jpg

awww well they are pinned together? THought they were all one piece unless you fab something?

I do know that I am cutting my "door" site off to weld a piece of steel to the two firewall sides to tie to the new cage. And in doing so I thought I had to cut, but is it easier to just drill the pins out?

ROBERTK said:
awww well they are pinned together? THought they were all one piece unless you fab something?

I do know that I am cutting my "door" site off to weld a piece of steel to the two firewall sides to tie to the new cage. And in doing so I thought I had to cut, but is it easier to just drill the pins out?

they press out

The picture shown looks like the pin has been replaced with a removable one,would this be correct?And if so can I drill the stock pins out and replace them with removable ones?(How would you press them out without cutting the weld to remove them?Sorry about changing the intent of your thread.

4xSanta said:
The picture shown looks like the pin has been replaced with a removable one,would this be correct?And if so can I drill the stock pins out and replace them with removable ones?(How would you press them out without cutting the weld to remove them?Sorry about changing the intent of your thread.

No pin wasnt replaced. On the passanger side, the pin goes in from the bottom so you have to remove the pin and press it in from the top. Like this
DSC00018.jpg

Driver side you just need to cut the lower portion of the hinge and the remainder will come right off.

Back