• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty rear end

flintlock

NAXJA Forum User
Ok my problem is this, my 89 xj's rear bumper is being held on by some metal straps the last person used, after it rusted away from the “frame”. I'm going to need a recovery point back there, whats my best idea?

I think some pics would be a big help to you here.

:roll:

Hale

well the OEM rear bumper shouldn't be used as a tow point in the first place....

to answer your question. class III tow hitch.
easiest and cheapest.

I know thats the bumpers are not good recovery points, at least not the OEM ones. But with the rust back there i don't think i can attach an after market one. I'm not sure a hitch will work either, I've got longer shackles as part of the lift. I know i had to cut some of the tail pipe to fit the shackles up there. I was thinking about taking a length of chain, and bolting it through the rails of the “frame”. What ever i do to the back will probably be done up front as well because the last owner ran the front bumper in to something and its rather flat across the front.

Last edited:
Back